Let go of the pressure of figuring it all out and go with the flow! In this episode Courtney talks with Shanna Nelson President of Jazzercise about going with the flow in life and business and how she and her mom have kept Jazzercise rocking for over 50 years! Learn from a 30+ year veteran instructor how to trust your gut, keep the fire lit inside and how going with the flow in business and life allowed for organic ebbs and flows that created a fitness phenomenon that paved the way for group fitness today.
In This Episode You Will Learn:
- Where Shanna’s passion comes from for Jazzercise
- Her story watching her mom grow a fitness phenomena
- How watching transformations through Jazzercise fires Shanna to have a passion to get up every day
- Why Jazzercise isn’t just for your mom and how it has shifted through the times
- Why you need to go with the flow literally
- How to focus in and trust your gut and the results of doing just that with Jazzercise
Questions I Ask:
- What inspired you to take a step to help your mom grow the brand?
- What made you start teaching?
- When did you decide that you wanted to pursue this as your career?
- How do you keep Jazzercise fresh?
- How has Jazzercise thrived in a trendy type of industry?
- What advice would you give a millennial looking to find
theredirection in life?
- How do you stay passionate about what you do?
- How does having
communityhelp you succeed?
- What does Fit Fierce and Fabulous mean to you?
Listen to the Episode:
Learn More About Shanna Nelson:
Shanna Missett Nelson is President of Jazzercise, managing the strategic direction of both the business and apparel side of Jazzercise while heading up the corporate management team. Shanna is also a 30+ year veteran instructor who teaches 3 times per week at minimum, plus creates brand choreography and manages Jazzercise, Inc.’s two corporately owned fitness centers. At the end of a Jazzercise-filled day of teaching and leading co-creating, there is no place Shanna would rather be than with her two daughters and their dad. And pup Shadow, of course! Fun fact: Shanna is a crockpot master, dance team shuttle driver
Connect with Shanna Nelson: