Addictive behavior whether it be drugs, alcohol or food is something we deal with as individuals or know someone who deals with it in our personal lives. Courtney speaks with Dr. Renee Solomon a clinical psychologist who shares how society pressures, social media, and celebrities are creating addictive behaviors amongst our younger generation. Learn the passion behind her practice and her methods for taking the first steps towards releasing addictive behaviors.
In This Episode You Will Learn:
- Why it is so difficult to grow up in the world of social media and peer pressure
- Where the development of drug habits start and what signs to look out for
- How Dr. Renee Solomon discovered her passion for helping adolescents through her treatment programs and centers
- Why compassion and concern are the best ways to handle a family member or friend who is dealing with addiction
- How social media is increasing drug use amongst teens and adults
- Adderall, rap songs and society pressures
- How to replace your behaviors one by one and make the changes in your life
Questions I Ask:
- How did you get into this profession and what is your passion behind it?
- What got you into a private practice dealing with adolescents?
- What signs should we be looking out for in terms of friends and family dealing with addiction?
- What can we do when we discover our friends or family member is dealing with addiction?
- How do you balance all of this while being a mom?
- Do you think social media puts more pressure on teens and adults to use drugs?
- Does pop culture shift our behaviors and attitudes towards drugs?
- How do you stay so passionate about your work?
- How can we shift our behaviors? What are the steps we can take?
- What makes you fit, fierce and fabulous?
Listen to the Episode:
Learn More About Dr. Renee Solomon:
Dr. Renee Solomon is a Clinical Psychologist who has been in private practice for over 22 years. She holds both a Masters and Doctorate degree in Clinical Psychology and is licensed as both a Marriage and Family
At Forward Recovery, Dr. Solomon leads groups, meets one on one with clients, manages staff, and supervises interns.
Dr. Solomon also has a private practice which is located in Beverly Hills. She specializes in treating couples and adolescents dealing with a variety of issues including anxiety, addiction, depression, relationship issues, infertility, transitions, and trauma.
Dr. Solomon is an LA native and the mother of a 16 year old daughter with whom she lives in Beverly Hills.
Connect with Dr. Renee Solomon:
Jumpstart the new year with Jumpsport! Use code FFF at checkout to receive 25% off their 300 and 500 series rebounder! You do not want to miss this offer! https://www.jumpsport.com/fitness-trampolines/