Curious about skincare and not sure where to even start? Join Courtney as she chats with a board-certified medical doctor, women’s empowerment advocate, author and founder of Schique beauty Dr. Jacqueline Schaffer. In this interview, Dr. Schaffer discusses the importance of clean beauty, why she is so passionate about skincare and how she found herself in the trenches of creating her very own skincare line! From skins care regimes to alcohol, Dr. Schaffer spills all of her knowledge and even gets Courtney to rethink her daily tequila shot!
Things We Talk About:
- Dr. Jacqueline Schaffer’s journey to becoming a successful dermatologist
- How to layer your skincare properly
- What foods are best for clear skin
- The science behind your skin and why some people are just born with gorgeous skin and what you can do about it
- Alcohol, Acne, and Antiaging
- The deal with chemicals and what to use instead
- The 411 on an ideal skin regime that will have your skin glowing
- Why what you eat, how you move and what you put on your skin matters
Questions I Ask:
- How did dermatology become what you decided to do with your life?
- When did you realize you wanted to create a cruelty-free product and why does that matter so much to you?
- Why did you make the shift from doctor to a dermatologist and why are you so passionate about this?
- What can help us with antiaging?
- When should you wear SPF?
- Why does my skin break out when I put on SPF?
- How do you layer your skincare?
- In general, what should our skincare routine look like?
- Is alcohol something we should look out for when it comes to developing a healthy skin?
- Do you think alcohol has anything to do with acne?
Listen to the Episode:
Learn More About Dr. Jacqueline Schaffer:
A botanical cocktail of beauty and brains, Jacqueline Schaffer M.D. is a Board-Certified Medical Doctor, beauty & wellness expert, best-selling author of Irresistible You, and founder of Schique skincare. Her passion in teaching skin-smarts to women has led to her becoming a well-known Public Speaker and Female Empowerment Advocate.
After watching her mother battle skin cancer twice, she took a deep dive into the world of dermatology & lifestyle changes necessary to better her mother’s health and wellness. This inspired her to create a lifestyle and beauty brand, Schique Skincare, that would empower women to make conscious and knowledgeable decisions about what goes on their skin, what they eat, and how they care for both body and mind. With Schique now available online and in over 300 TJ Maxx & Marshalls across the SoCal region, this California native has discovered the blissful balance between Western and Eastern practices, designating her reign as the Radiant Skin Expert and Go-To Gal for vegan glamour.
On the sidelines of the beauty & wellness world, Dr. Schaffer can be found working with A Sandwich A Day, her non-profit to feed the homeless and offer nutritional education to those in need, hiking LA’s hot spots, or writing blogs based on her beauty bible Irresistible You.
Connect with Dr. Jacqueline Schaffer: