Scared to make a career shift in your life? Imagine being at the top of your game in the fashion industry for 18 years, a young mama and living the fast, champagne-fueled lifestyle having a ton of anxiety and losing all inspiration for your life. Candice Puthawala a certified holistic health coach and creator of Beauty Bar Chocolate decided self-deprecation, starving herself and running on adrenaline was no longer for her no matter what the cost. Her life turned around when she became ill with autoimmune issues and decided to focus on beauty on the inside versus the outside. She found herself researching her own health issues and deciding to help others with their health issues and became a holistic health coach and a plant-based chef. Through culinary school, she created Sugar-Free and Dairy-Free Beauty Bar Chocolate!
Things We Talk About:
- How being a creative hustler paved the way to her dreams even though she was a 19-year-old single mom
- High stress caused gut issues which paved the way for her new career
- What it was like styling celebrity clients like Minnie Driver
- Why checking in with your gut is key to being successful and making choices
- How a spinal tap, fashion week and a blackout changed her entire life
- How champs and fries was her diet of choice and how this caused adrenal issues
- Manifesting and dreaming up her big vision
- Our first entrepreneurial journies from paper routes to beanie babies
- Her journey finding herself again after 18 years in the fashion industry
Questions I Ask:
- When did the “aha moment” come when you knew you needed to leave the fashion industry?
- How did having your daughter help you make this big decision?
- How did you balance being a new mom, fashion school and work at 19 years old?
- What was it like balancing all of this?
- What was it like being in the fashion industry with the fast-paced lifestyle?
- When was Beauty Bar Chocolate born?
- What does Fit Fierce and Fabulous mean to you?
Listen to the Episode:
Learn More About Candice Puthawala:
Candice Puthawala is a certified holistic health coach and creator of Beauty Bar Chocolate. She worked for over 18 years in the fashion industry. Being a young mama in the fashion world meant she had to live life on a fast-forward button. She always strived for a balanced life but struggled to achieve it. By living this way, she burned out her entire body and as a result, she became ill with autoimmune issues, lots of anxiety and she had no more inspiration in her life. Her health & wellbeing was off from living a life in constant high stress.
She left the fashion world to heal and change her life. In the fashion industry, all the focus was beauty on the outside. It wasn’t until she shifted her lens to focus on beauty from the inside out that she began to heal. She left the fashion world to heal and change her life. She found herself in the wellness world and became a holistic health coach and a plant-based chef.
In Culinary school is where Beauty Bar Chocolates were born. She created them out of a need for something sweet and healthy to eat.