What you will learn in this episode:
- How to go towards your dreams without fear
- How a longing heart, a determined mindset and a little bit of fluidity in your plan could guide you to opportunity
- How Yelena became Mrs. Nevada
- How to do your research, and conquer boundaries to achieve your dreams
- The importance of maintaining a healthy/balanced lifestyle
- How focusing on your health and wellness is a significant component in all you do
- Why having a passion to give back is power
- How desire to change the world is a true power
Questions I Ask:
- What was it like growing up in Russia?
- What did it feel like to come to America?
- What has been your greatest accomplishment?
- What did you do to get yourself back into competing again after not winning the first time?
- What are some beauty secrets you can share with us?
- Why compete in pagents? What are your thoughts on the swimsuit scandal?
- What does Fit Fierce and Fabulous mean to you?
Listen to the Episode:
Learn More About Yelena:
My name is Yelena Anter, current reigning Mrs. Nevada-America. It is my honor to represent our state in the upcoming national competition!
Born and raised in a small village in Russia, I had a dream of coming to America as far back as I can remember. It was illegal, thirty years ago, to possess anything considered by the Soviet government to be American, especially Rock and Roll. Ignoring the risk, my parents smuggled Elvis Presley records into the house and played them for me when I was just 4 years old.
Life in Russia is so dramatically different than here in The United States. For example, instead of going to movies on the weekends, we as a family farmed, harvested and preserved fruits and vegetables for the long Russian winter.
I would never have thought that at the age of 19 I would come to America with nothing more than a small suitcase of dreams and a head full of Elvis lyrics! Since then I have become a proud US citizen, a business owner and the blessed wife of an incredible man, a man who supports me in everything I do.
My husband and I love spending time together, whether working together at our real estate brokerage Presenting Vegas, exercising, hiking, traveling the world, or entertaining friends and family.
I love creating unique artisanal cocktails and heart-healthy dishes. I’m currently authoring two lifestyle recipe books, one featuring 365 unique salad recipes and another exploring inspired artisanal cocktails. My dream is to open a restaurant featuring exciting and healthy international cuisine.
I love running marathons. My personal goal is to run 13 half-marathons this year, and I’ve accomplished six thus far! In my free time, I design and create custom fashion accessories hand-embellished with Swarovski crystals for donation to charity fundraisers.
We are all so much more than merely the sum of our parts, but these are some of the components that have made me into the woman I am today — your fit, fierce and fabulous Mrs. Nevada America!
Connect With Yelena: