Hormones unbalanced? This episode is for you.
Eating and Cooking for Hormone Balance
As someone who has openly chatted about her hormone imbalances, I sought after nutrition coach and founder of hormonesbalance.com, Magdalena Wszelaki to share tips on balancing your hormones in the kitchen. Magdalena is a strong advocate for hormonal health and wellness. After previously being diagnosed with Hashimotos, Graves Disease, adrenal fatigue, and estrogen dominance Magdalena explains how her health concerns guided her to completely new and restorative lifestyle. From defining underlying causes of hormone malfunctions to progression in knowing your body and correcting these issues through proper nutrition and wellness, Magdalena guides us through an array of tips and techniques for restoring balance to your body and hormonal functions.
What you will learn in this episode:
- How estrogen plays a tremendous role in your hormonal functions
- Identifying symptoms of hormonal issues
- The importance of toxic release and regular bowel movements
- Ways to keep your hormones balanced
- Implementing healthy life changes through diet and nutrition
- Eliminating inflammatory foods
- Designing a diet according to your own body
- Her take on hormone balancing superfoods
Some Questions I Ask:
- What did it feel like to go through the struggle with your hormones?
- Where did your discovery and love of cooking come from?
- I am fascinated with your journey from Grave’s Disease, Hashimoto’s Disease and adrenal fatigue to estrogen dominance and high heavy metal toxicity, I see why you are so passionate about hormones and helping others, when did you know this was your discovery journey?
- How do you keep your hormones balanced?
- What are some tips you can share about balancing hormones in the kitchen?
- Why do you think so many women have hormonal problems now?
- How big of a role do certain foods actually play and are there any myths?
- What is your morning routine?
- What does Fit Fierce and Fabulous mean to you?
Listen to the Episode:
Magdalena is a Certified Holistic Health Coach accredited by the American Association of Drugless Practitioners. She received her education from The Institute for Integrative Nutrition in New York City. Before becoming a health coach, she had a long, fast-paced career as a strategic planner for the advertising powerhouse called WPP in both Asia and the US. She is also a regular Vipassana (insightful) meditation practitioner and a Level II reiki healer (a form of energy healing).
Her own journey with health issues, and the failure of the medical world to adequately address them, started with Graves’ Disease (an autoimmune condition that causes hyperthyroidism) in 2001, later Hashimoto’s Disease in 2008 (an autoimmune conditions that causes hypothyroidism) and adrenal fatigue stage 2. In 2012 she was diagnosed with estrogen dominance and high heavy metal toxicity.
Every part of her journey made her wiser, kinder and more patient. Today she’s in remission from Graves’ and Hashimoto’s, her adrenals feel rested and she has managed to reverse estrogen dominance. She feels better today as a 40-year-old woman than she did in her twenties.
As part of this exciting, often frustrating and self-discovering journey, she founded Thyroid Diet Coach, a highly successful nutrition coaching practice helping women with thyroid conditions to heal and thrive. Hormones Balance is the expansion of her practice.
Every part of her healing journey had elements of significant dietary and lifestyle changes. She now believes in good, clean food and no restricted dieting.
The key focus of her work lies in the restoration of the digestive system, balance of a person’s sugar levels, liver detoxification and emotional wellbeing, like self-love. She doesn’t believe in supplements and miracle powders. She puts her trust in the healing powers of real food, sleep and emotional healing.
Her Website: https://www.hormonesbalance.com/
Magdalena’s Cooking For Hormone Balance Book: http://cookingforhormonebalance.com/