Diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis in her mid-20s, learn how Lara took what felt shameful and embarrassing and turned it into her greater purpose.
In This Episode You Will Learn:
- Find out why being lovingly ruthless in the pursuit of your friendships is positive thing
- How happiness isn’t just a definition and why it is totally OK to feel all the feels
- Where to find your MOJO and how to keep it
- How to have a morning routine that not only grounds you but POWERS you up
- How deadlines, both real and imaginary, will change your life
- Lara’s idea of what it means to be FFF will definitely blow your mind
Some Questions I Ask:
- Tell us a story of when you found out you had multiple sclerosis, how did you get out of that funk?
- I know how easy it is to make excuses and what you went through was definitely something to make an excuse on, where did you find the strength?
- How did you get into yoga?
- What got you to open your own yoga studio and what did that look like?
- What did it feel like to be drained from yourself, I know that feeling but I’d love for you to take us to that space?
- What prompted you to write a book Become the Architect of Your Body, Mind, and Soul? What was that journey like?
- Happiness is something people are always seeking Why should we stop trying to be happy and what should we do instead?
- What tools can we use to shift our mood?
- Why is having a support system key?
- What are some choices that you’ve made that have made you who you are?
- Morning rituals?
- What is a Daoist Horse Stance?
- What does Fit, Fierce and Fabulous mean to you..
- How can we get in contact with you..
Listen to the Episode:
Learn About Lara Alexiou:
Lara Alexiou has been helping people transform their lives through the Eastern Healing Arts since 2003.
She has trained extensively in yoga, qigong, meditation, and Taoist philosophy with Bikram Choudhury, Jimmy Barkan, and Zen Wellness. In addition to running her award-winning studio Steamtown Yoga, she is a Zen Business Mentor with Zen Business Mastery and coaches other yoga studio owners in creating sustainable businesses and abundant lives. In 2017 she received her Doh Yi Mastery certificate recognizing 10,000 hours of qigong and meditation practice.
Lara has presented workshops on Yoga, Qigong, Meditation, Zen Lifestyle, Abundant Living, Personal Empowerment and Mastery Mindset for Yoga Alliance, Mindbody BOLD, The National Qigong Association, NEPA Yoga Festival, and Zen Business Bootcamp LIVE, and TEDx.
Connect with Lara Alexiou: