As we enter 2018, I wanted to share my tips for getting confident with your goals. With so many goals setting worksheets and posts out there I wanted to do something a bit different. I see many women who aren’t confident, it’s not that they don’t believe in themselves, and it’s not that they think that they’re not confident or that they’re self-sabotaging, but deep down, there’s something inside of them that’s stopping them from living their fullest potential. I see this often and I want to share some tips on how you can get super confident with your goals so you can make the shifts you desire to see happen in 2018.
We get the flow going with our goals, the excitement and the momentum and suddenly something happens that gets us off track. Learning how to handle that is key to being successful with your ultimate outcome. I want to share four things you can add to your toolbox to keep your motivation high your vision in the zone.
How to Get Confident With Your Goals
I love chatting with people about their goals and about their dreams. I love when eyes light up and you can almost feel the energy around the goal and then you see the self-doubt sink in, this was me for so many years! I constantly thought I stunk at what I did, I didn’t believe in my skillsets and I never pushed my boundaries because I believed I would fail anyway so why try.
It is very important to have tools that you can automatically, in the minute you start feeling a little self-doubt you can instantly pull yourself out of that funk and get yourself back in that high vibration again. These are the tools I personally use and share with my clients to help them shift their mindset in an instant.
- Tapping: One instant mood booster in my world is tapping. Sometimes when you get into the flow of making your goals happen you start to discover blocks along the way. These blocks are of course lessons but can often detour you from reaching your goal. I love tapping as it helps you remove the deep negative beliefs that are subconscious and bring in the positive beliefs that will get rid of the negative failure talk. I have used tapping to help me through my eating disorder, my money blocks and help me build my confidence up. I often tap live in my Facebook Group so please join if you want to learn exactly how to do this correctly.
- Turn on Music: For me, music just changes my mood instantly. When I start feeling sad or unaccomplished I simply turn on a song that makes me shift my mood like a song from the Black Eyed Peas or Flo Rida. Mood shifting music will help you rock your world and give you the high vibration you need to get out of your funk. I often turn on music throughout my day to turn my mood around and create a fun dance party versus a serious stressful work environment for myself. I have found that doing this makes tasks that normally stress me out fun and exciting! Who would have thought ironing sheets to music could be fun!
- Track Your Progress: Even the smallest of steps need recognition. I found that tracking these steps and writing the outcome has been so much fun in that you can literally see on paper exactly whats going on. Celebrating your wins is easy when you track them in a sheet or by using a tracking device or app of some sort. I personally love tracking my fitness using a tracker like Garmin’s new chic Vivomove HR. I also find that using a simple excel spreadsheet to track my wins during the week reminds me of how far I have come even when I feel like I haven’t made any progress whatsoever.
- Meditate: Getting super grounded every day is key to my mindset. Meditation varies for me, sometimes its a simple breathing technique, other times its a deep intimate meditation with candles lit, and others it’s a guided meditation. It really depends on what works for you but either way if you find yourself super antsy or anxious all the time the key to releasing that could be as simple as doing some light meditation every day. Meditation is proven by science to induce relaxation, reducing blood pressure, improve your creative thinking, and increase mental health and so many other benefits! I highly suggest you give it a try and if you really want to go deep try out my Mindful Mastery Meditation Program!
Now that you have tools to take you into 2018 with confidence I would love to know what your goals are for 2018! If you have watched my most recent lives I have talked about my goal setting strategy and how setting goals can be fun when you set quarterly goals, surrender to the outcome and allow more flow in your life. I implemented this strategy last year towards mid first quarter and I loved the results I got from not stressing myself out and enjoying the process with daily dance parties, meditation and of course tapping!
Rather Listen? Check out my podcast for more information and a break down of this post:
So I wanna know…
- What are your big goals for 2018?
- Do you enjoy having dance parties?