During the holidays it can be so easy to give and give until you can’t give any longer. From cooking to cleaning, to shopping and trying to get your big plans in action for 2018. The hustle and bustle is REAL so I wanted to address this by sharing some of my favorite ways to take care of myself during the holiday season. Because this is what happens when you stop taking care of yourself.
- You burn out
- You get sick
- You feel frazzled and disconnected
- You start to feel anger and resentment
And even worse
- Your goals and self-care go down the drain
Which is why I do three things to make my holiday season special for not only me but those around me. When you take the time to fill your cup, it becomes so much easier to enjoy and give even more!
- Buy a Gift For Myself: I take time to find a gift that reminds me that I matter to myself and keeps me in the realm of knowing I value myself and love myself unconditionally. Many might find this selfish but as someone who constantly gives all year long, I find it a way to keep my cup full so I can spill more into others.
This year I decided to join a showing of Kendra Scott’s new color bar at Fashion Show in Las Vegas. What I love about jewelry is the fact you can wear it with reminders of memories and I personally use jewelry to remind me to stay on my path when I start to detour onto another.
The Kendra Scott Color Bar:
Imagine making your very own piece of jewelry in less than 10 minutes! The color bar at Kendra Scott allows you to curate your own custom piece using a template design and your choice of brilliant jewels! I loved this idea and if I hadn’t fallen in love with the gorgeous necklace I choose I would’ve done this to treat myself.
- Journal and Connect: Every morning I journal and connect to my inner guidance system. For each person this process is different but for me it’s pulling a Wild Unknown Tarot Card, using palo santo to clear my energy and doing a bit of meditation to get my mind right for the day ahead. I find something so therapeutic about putting pen to paper and let my pen wander as I let go of resistance and let my guidance lead the way. I notice how I go on an emotional roller coaster when I let go of this routine or get to busy for it so during this time I really really focus on showing up even if it means waking up a bit earlier to do so.
- Take Lots of Baths: Baths for me are special because you can do a face mask, a detox, and a hair mask all at the same time. As someone who doesn’t have endless amounts of time to chillax at a spa, drawing a bath has become a weekly ritual for me. I have my own personal set up and ritual for this process which includes making my favorite cup of tea, having Epsom salts poured, turning up Mozart, lighting a candle and picking out a hair and face mask to put on. This ritual takes me about 30 minutes once a week and I attempt to do them either on a Sunday or a Monday to kick off my week feeling refreshed, detoxed and recharged.
So I wanna know..
•Do you treat yourself to something special during the holidays?
•Are you a fan of Kendra Scott?