Once upon a time I was a vegan, a vegan for all the wrong reasons. I used this label to restrict my diet, I used this label to support my bulimia and I literally allowed this label to not only restrict what I ate but my life as well.
When I met Carrie Forrest via Instagram I really resonated with her story beyond what I could even imagine. In saying this I ask that you tune in to hear both of our stories on our journey to freeing ourselves from the restriction around “dieting” and labeling one’s diets. With January around the corner, it is easy to fall into the trap of finding the latest diet “that works” instead of tuning into what works for you and your body. I invite you to take a listen and hear both of our takes on diets and labels. If you struggle with health, nutrition, and food sensitivities, this episode will resonate with your stories on the comfort, security, and boundaries in labeling one’s diet.
In This Episode You Will Learn:
- What to do when dieting spirals into massively restrictive eating habits
- How food sensitivities and boundaries don’t have to be a label
- What it’s really like to break up with a title
- Learn what it was like to build the self-confidence to stand by decisions, the perils of losing friends in the process, and the authenticity of new friendships formed along the way
- How food sensitivities are not always the end of your chocolate-loving life
Questions I Ask:
- Let’s talk about your journey from veganism to clean eating advocate?
- What did it feel like removing the vegan label from yourself?
- What does clean eating now mean to you?
- Tell us a story of how sharing your journey inspired you
- What are some choices that you’ve made that have made you who you are?
- Morning rituals?
- What does Fit, Fierce and Fabulous mean to you..
- How can we get in contact with you..
Listen to the Episode:
Learn More About Carrie Forrest:
Carrie Forrest is the creator of the popular blog, Clean Eating Kitchen, where she shares easy and creative gluten- and dairy-free recipes. Carrie is also the host of the recently launched Clean Eating for Women podcast, designed to inform and inspire women to take control over their health.
Carrie Forrest has masters degrees in both business administration and public health nutrition. More importantly, Carrie is a woman who has used real food and a balanced lifestyle to manage a variety of health conditions, including autoimmune disease, panic attacks, chronic migraines, and thyroid cancer.
Connect with Carrie Forrest:
Clean Eating Kitchen: https://www.cleaneatingkitchen.com
Clean Eating Every Day e-cookbook: https://gumroad.com/l/cleaneatingeveryday
So I wanna know…
- Have you experienced labeling yourself and breaking up with that label?
- What did you think of the episode?