As much as I love the gym, I love to get my sweat on at home and being able to have the convenience of this makes my workouts actually happen. In the past, I have coached many clients out of going to the gym because at one point or another it becomes an excuse to not workout. Not having the time to drive to the gym and the hair dilemma, trust me I get it.
I love crafting workouts that you can do anywhere at anytime. It is so important to have a backup plan and for the next few weeks, I want to give it to you.
Best Exercises for At Home Workouts
These are the best exercises for at home workouts because they use compound movements. Each exercise uses more than one body part which is the best way to get in that workout when you don’t have a ton of time.
- Side Plank to Push Up: An ab and chest combo that will also work on your balance. The key to this exercise is to make sure you keep your hands underneath your shoulders the entire time and do your best with the push ups portion. If doing 20 reps is a bit much, try doing half of the reps as push ups and half as knee push ups!
- Plank Shoulder Tap: Staying in plank position going straight into shoulder taps is a lot more difficult than one would think. Before you go into this exercise readjust your arms and tap away.
- Crab Toe Taps: Flip around and place your hands underneath your shoulders again. Keep those hips down and give your leg a nice stretch as you tap your hand to foot. This is one of my favorite exercises because you get arm strength and a great ab workout.
- The Frog: This is one of my favorite inner thigh and lower abdominal exercises. Lye down on the floor, lift your head neck and shoulders upwards and place your legs at an angle. As you bring your legs in towards you resist using your thighs.
- Side Plank Drop: You can do this exercise either as a complete side plank or with one foot in front as shown in the video. This is amazing for working those side obliques and slimming down your waist line.
These exercises can be used as a workout or added in throughout your workouts.
So I wanna know…
- Do you workout at home or in the gym?
- Do you prefer equipment filled workouts or ones without?
I am hosting a 5 day break free from sugar challenge and I would LOVE for you to join! All you have to do is sign up here.