Are you curious about the idea of food as medicine? Would you know where to begin if you did? Elixirs. Tonics. Superfoods. It all sounds sexy, right? Today on the Fit Fierce and Fabulous Podcast I interview, Jessica Jean Weston, founder and chef owner of Superfresh! Organic Café in Brattleboro, VT.
Herbal Elixirs and Tonics
Jessica’s personal and professional path has led her to explore the subject of food as medicine with Mayan healers in Belize, on organic farms, and with herbalists, shamanic practitioners, and more. And the cool thing about her? With alllllll the knowledge she’s acquired, she recognizes that that no two beings are alike and everyone has their own path to explore. She’s created this awesome space in VT that serves as a safe kitchen for all walks of life and today, she’s here with our FFF sharing boatloads of wisdom!
In This Episode You Will Learn:
- How and where to start with tonics, herbal elixirs, and juices?
- Why every choice we make with what we buy has an impact on the planet?
- Why do we need to be more gentle with ourselves and live our lives?
Some Questions I Ask:
[07:26] – What got you into healing elixirs and opening Superfresh Organic Cafe?
[08:34] – So it’s like a community that you’ve created around your restaurant concept?
[09:47] -What got you into this?
[12:36] – What is the China Study?
[13:49] – You spent some time with some mind Healers; what was that like?
[15:28] – What are your thoughts on going fully organic?
[18:22] – What got you into learning more about tonics?
[22:51] – What are some foods, herbs, that someone can add? A starter kit?
[24:56] – Alot of people listening, are overly stressed/worked. What would you recommend them to use?
[28:33] – Towards the end of your book, you talked about a lot of cleanses; can you tell us about that a little bit more?
[30:59] – I like that Ayurvedic cleanse incorporating 4 different things: Self massage, tongue scraping, epsom salt bath and dry brushing; can you talk a little bit about that?
[34:17] – What is one thing you can tell my readers to do to help them succeed with health and wellness? Two simple ways they can do today, right after listening to this Podcast.
[35:28] – What are some choices that you’ve made that have made you who you are?
[38:21] – Morning rituals?
[43:58] – What does Fit, Fierce and Fabulous mean to you..
[46:17] – How can we get in contact with you..
Resources We Talk About:
- Mountain Rose Herbs
- Maca Root Powder for Hormonal Balance
- Organic Ashwagandha Powder for Mood and Fatigue
Enter to Win Healing Tonics, Juices and Smoothies:
GIVEAWAY!! Episode 22 is live and I am so excited to collaborate with @jessicajeanweston and give 5 of you a chance to win her book “Healing Tonics, Juices and Smoothies (over 100 elixirs to nurture your body and soul)! It is so easy to win all you need to do is:
- Follow @jessicajeanweston and @fitfiercefabulouspodcast
- Leave a review on the @fitfiercefabulouspodcast in the iTunes Store! Make sure to include your Instagram handle! Good luck! Giveaway open to US and ends July 31st
Listen to the Episode:
Learn More About Jessica:
Jessica Jean Weston is founder and chef-owner of Superfresh! Organic Café in Brattleboro, VT. With a BA in medical anthropology from Ithaca College and as a graduate of the Institute for Integrative Nutrition (IIN), Jessica has spent her career exploring the broad subject of food as medicine with Mayan healers in Belize, on organic farms, and with herbalists, shamanic practitioners, and more. Weston’s personal journey to health, navigating a series of food intolerances as well as what made her feel most vibrant, led her to a non-GMO, plant-based diet free of soy, gluten, dairy, eggs, and meat. Recognizing that everyone has their own path to explore, her goal is simply to share her experiences and knowledge by creating delicious, approachable cuisine with the understanding that no two beings are alike.
- Personal Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/jessicajeanweston/
- Superfresh! Organic Cage Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/superfreshcafe/
- Healing Tonics, Juices, Smoothies: 100+ Elixirs to Nurture Body and Soul: Grab the book here.
So I wanna know…
- Are you a superfoods kind of gal?
- What are your favorites? Comment below and share! I love learning about new herbs and tonics.
- Also, don’t forget to ENTER the giveaway! You can win a recipe book filled with over 100+ elixirs, tonic and juice recipes.