Welcome to lucky Episode 013 of the Fit, Fierce and Fabulous Podcast where self-professed ‘spiritual junkie’, certified fitness trainer and #FFF Founder Courtney Bentley interviews Lindsey Simcik of the Almost 30 Podcast, along with co-host and author of The Hundred Blog, Krista Williams. Joining them is Style Collective founder, Annie Spano. Ever wish you had 4 badass friends that lived in their light and would give you advice you could take to heart? Then this really is your lucky day.
No matter where you are, you have the best seat in the house to this candid conversation on the positives and negatives of having a tight-knit circle of friends, overcoming the need for external validation and what it means to have a partner in crime to push through… with. Hear first-hand how intentionally establishing your home a circle or two outside of your comfort zone will change your life. And have you ever had someone so honest that they told you “balance” is overrated when you love what you do?! #thathappened Feeling lost and don’t even know where to begin? If you crave community, connection and are chill to have a chat with fear… this is the FFF episode your future self with thank you for. Listen. Love it. And pay this one… forward.
In This Episode You Will Learn:
- Why balance is overrated when you do WHT you love
- Where to START when you just feel LOST
- What to do when you crave community, connection and how to overcome the fear of uncomfortable situations
- How to overcome the fear of external validation and what it means to have a PARTNER in crime to push through
- How intentionally establishing your home a circle or two outside your COMFORT zone will CHANGE YOUR LIFE
Listen to the Episode:
Some Questions I Ask:
- [08:54] What it’s like to get past fear? FEAR…doing what you do today
- [09:36] Have a partner in crime or go SOLO?
- [12:55]- Why being secluded and bossing your LIFE
- [15:30] – How do you find PLAY TIME? BALANCE?
- [17:46] – What piece of ADVICE that you would give someone that’s looking to expand their horizons and try something new?Look at that FEAR and learn to work with it , figure out what you are interested in, knowing that it’s not gonna be one thing and knowing it’s gonna take time following your dreams
- [24:46] – How you balance all of that and your FITNESS?
- [30:32] – What does FIT, FIERCE and FABULOUS mean to you..
- [32:56] – HOT WELLNESS TIP?
- [37:28] – How can we get in contact with you..
Learn More About Lindsey and Krista of Almost 30:
Lindsey Simcik: Lindsey is an actress, singer, model and SoulCycle Instructor from a small town in eastern Pennsylvania, where she was raised on a steady diet of soft pretzels. Before moving to LA, she lived in Boston and New York City. So here she is, living her dream on the West Coast, hustling daily, sweating profusely, and adding kale to her smoothies and shit. You can find her at SoulCycle studios on the West Side, guest starring in shows like “Mistresses” on ABC, and modeling for brands like Carbon38! Krista and Lindsey were no doubt sisters in a past life. How cool that they met and connected deeply in this one.
Krista Williams: Krista Williams is a Midwest native, social media influencer and creator/editor of the blog, The Hundred Blog. Hundred, as in ‘keep it one hundred” is her life motto. Living in Venice Beach, she’s a huge fan of travel, personal growth and peanut butter. She’s been featured in Women’s Health, Self Magazine, The Skinny Confidential, Refinery29 and on The Big Leap Podcast. Through Hundred Blog she’s worked with brands like SoulCycle, Free People, Billabong, ASOS, and Airbnb.
Check out Almost 30:
Subscribe to the Podcast: Almost 30 Podcast
Follow on Instagram: Almost 30 Instagram
Learn More About Annie Spano:
Annie is the founder of Style Collective, a community for fashion and lifestyle bloggers. She connects women from all over the world through community and empowers them to do what they love through influencer education. She is also a blogger, public speaker, consultant, and host of the Becoming Fearless Podcast!
Check out Annie Spano and Style Collective: