Because I read so much, I had to make a part two of this extensive list because honestly, you should always be reading..always. Whether you find yourself to be an expert or top notch in your industry, you can always learn something to fill in the gaps or just down right learn something new. Remember the post where I shared my top books to read if you are an entrepreneur or are looking to become an entrepreneur? If you missed that you should definitely play catch up by reading my Ultimate Boss Babe Book List.
I totally got out of my comfort zone last year and read books on finance, stocks, markets and investing. It was a goal of mine to get acquainted with something that made me uncomfortable, and because of it, I have bought a house, invested in a ROTH IRA, small stocks, and reworked my credit cards to work for me not against me.
Totally out of my zone, but again if I had not read books to educate myself in the world of finance, I would not be invested in my future and retirement. Many books I read are to educate myself in the entrepreneurial world because let’s face it, you can learn a thing or two from someone who has built a multi-million or even billion dollar company. I personally love stories of not just successes but failures so I skip that part while I build my business.
Boss Babe Book List Part 2:
- The Self Made Billionaire Effect by: John Sviokla and Mitch Cohen: A book I was gifted from my internet bestie Annie Creator of Style Collective, this book opens your mind to how billion dollar companies are built. It will BLOW your mind! I always knew a million dollar mindset was something that was obtainable but a billion dollar company and mindset is a whole other animal. Grab this book here.
- The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin: Another book I was gifted, and literally at the perfect timing because I had just moved my entire life from Los Angeles to Bangkok. I needed an uplifting boost at this time because as much as I love being open to a new lifestyle, it was an extremely tough start. This book made me think about the little things, organize my desk and even think about how I was thinking about life. If you feel stuck or want a little boost, The Happiness Project will help you do just that! The book can be found here.
- Crush It! by: Gary Vaynerchuk: I listened to this one on Scribd and loved the fact that he read the book. I am a fan of Gary and for good reason, he is a true hustler. I still to this day cannot figure out when this man sleeps! I don’t know if you watch his snap chat but he is in every time zone imaginable and showing off his lifestyle one snap at a time. This book is a NO BS type of book BUT sometimes that’s exactly what you need. He talks about working in his parent’s wine store to making wine not only a passion but a multi-million dollar business and how he did that slanging one bottle at a time. Some of Gary’s books are found here.
- The Pumpkin Plan by: Mike Michalowicz: This is the very first entrepreneurial geared book I read outside of the standard high school literature. I had just signed papers on my first LLC Starsystemz when I was recommended this book. I half read it because I thought I knew everything at 21 years old. I also wasn’t ready for the message, again I thought I knew everything. The basic premise of this book is to look at your business, rid of what’s not working and what is and really work that angle. After moving back to America, I dug it out of my office box and read it again. 7 years into my business, I wish I had read it sooner! The basis of the book is plant seeds, weed out the weak and nurture the winners! Grab the book here.
- Secrets of the Millionaire Mind by: T. Harv Eker: This is the most recent book I finished and one that changed my life. I don’t say this often, but this book really hit the nail on the head for me. For so many years, I only hit a certain level with my business. I would always bottom out at a certain income stream and would feel like I could never get past that hump, it wasn’t until I read this book that I realized why! I subconsciously was not allowing myself to believe I could make it past that point. As crazy as it sounds, trust me on this, this book will unblock all those funky money mindsets you have from when you were a kid. I read about 15-20 minutes a day and did about a quarter of the exercises and already I feel like my life is changing for the better. If you find yourself blocked or capped, give this book a read, I promise it will shift some monetary things for you! The book can be found here.
- Tools of Titans by: Tim Ferris: This book is a collaborative book with “Best Of” interviews from one of my favorite hackers Tim Ferris. If you love to read quick bites of information from top athletes, movie producers and CEO’s, this book is for you. I personally loved reading the morning rituals tid bits as well as all the funky tools some of the athletes use. After reading this book I felt like I learned a few new things, nothing life changing but I definitely added some tools to my toolbox. Grab the book here.
My favorite way to read is to cozy up on a big bed with a hot cup of tea preferably chocolate mint with a dash of stevia and just zen out. I try to take a moment every day for 20 minutes to enjoy my reading time, but if I don’t get to it I do at least an hour on the weekends.
I hope I inspired you to pick up a book and expand your mind. There is so much information out there and you can learn to streamline your energy into reading a book versus googling everything all day.
So I wanna know..
- Do you read and if you do, what is your GO to book and what book are you dying to read?
- Are you an audiobook fan or a hold in your hand book type of gal?