Baby its cold outside..
Motivation LACKS major during this time of year..I mean its cold, your busy, shopping looks 100x more fun then going to the gym and stress..wowee the word stress is an understatement during the holiday season..
But really, let’s be honest here, this is the MOST IMPORTANT time to workout. As we all know, stress levels reduce when we workout, we feel more confident and at ease after an intense sweat session and those excess calories well..let’s just pray they go to our bootys and not our mid sections!
It is SUPER easy to lose motivation during this time of year I get it..that is why so many people hop on the train come January out of guilt for having more alcohol, comfort food and decadent desserts from Thanksgiving to New Years.
This might come to a surprise to some of you but I lost some body fat this past month..yes with Thanksgiving, my husbands birthday, my moms birthday and the sorts I got a little peak of my abs back. I made the choice to intensify my workouts with the Bombshell Angel Program, use the Bombshell Angel Carb Cycle Meal Plan and not once did I feel left out or sad when out to eat because I just planned accordingly. Yes, I planned for the holiday season..I knew that indulgences, vacations and birthday dinners were happening so I knew that I would need to intensify my workouts a bit to make my goal of tightening my waistline happen.
How to Stay Fit During the Holidays: Tips and Tricks
With that, I wanted to share with you some of my top tips for staying fit and trim during the holiday season. If you work from home most of the time like me, I know how easy it is to get distracted and worry about posting on the blog, online shopping for presents for the family and the stress of trying to explain to the older generation what it is you do to make a living because how can creating online programs for people make money when they don’t come to you..lol. Taking all of that in and trying to get everything out and ready for the New Year can be overwhelming to say the least… I want to share with you my top tips for making health and wellness easy for you during this time of chaos!
- Take a DEEP breathe before you eat: When you take a step back and a deep breathe magic happens in your brain. Literally you can take a moment to prepare your body for the feast, you can connect with yourself and get yourself chewing your food instead of inhaling it, stopping to enjoy the bite of pie instead of shoveling the whole thing down, trust me when I say take that deep breathe, it makes the world of difference.
- Enjoy the MEAL and the COMPANY: When you CHEW your food your body is able to digest all the delicious nutrients you are about to enjoy, it also helps you feel full faster and helps you to taste the food! Ever notice a meal go by so quickly you almost forget what you ate and what it tasted like. Not anymore! Chew your food, taste it, move it around your mouth and enjoy! I like to put my fork down in between bites and enjoy the loved ones around me!
- Do a HIIT workout or Bombshell Angel Workout every AM: Get that metabolism FIRED up and MOVE your body the day of. Wake up early and do a quick 20-30 minute HIIT workout. Not only will this rapidly increase your metabolism it will put you in that HEALTHY mindset, the one you want to be in when you hit dinner feast time. Try this no equipment booty workout or my quick effective travel ab workout! If you want to jump into the Bombshell Program it is available and will be sent straight to your phone via an app! Join the party here.
- Eat soups and drink smoothies: Eating a large meal out is hard on your body, it takes a lot of work for your body to digest food. The day of a big meal or when I know I am going out for a birthday dinner, I like to have a protein smoothie in the morning with at least 25 grams of protein, lots of veggies and some healthy fats like flaxseed oil or avocado or even coconut oil. This gets your body up and ready to burn some fat and moving the carbs out of your morning breakfast keeps your body in fat burning mode. For snack and lunch I either have another smoothie with a bit less protein or a bone broth based soup with tons of veggies. This filling food is EASY for your body to digest but will give you all the nutrients you need so you don’t feel RAVISHED at feast time. Starving yourself is NOT the answer!
- Drink 3 liters of water BEFORE the out to eat meal: If you are like me you probably have a few glasses of wine during a holiday gathering, nothing wrong with that. I always make sure I am super hydrated though so I don’t have that hangover the next day #1 and #2 I like to be super hydrated so I am again not STARVING at feast time.
- Have a Goal and a Plan: Weird, but setting a fitness related goal before New Years is SO motivating! Whether it’s trying to do 10 push ups in a row or pull ups (like my internet bestie Annie), these types of goals take the pressure off the dieting but keep you committed and excited to reach a goal! I really love completing a goal before the new year, it kind of sets the tone you know? This year it is all about the deadlift for me, I am really trying to get my weight up, I am at 145 lb right now but really want to hit 165 by the new year..we will see!
- Commit To Yourself and Feel It: When you commit to making yourself a better being and really decide that that’s exactly what you want, somehow, someway all the tools you need just kind of come to you if you keep your eyes open to them. The other day I was checking out one of my favorite bloggers Shannon over at Champagne At Shannon’s and she was chatting about joining a gym so I got her set up with a program to make that goal a reality! Just put it out there and make sure you associate a “I want to feel..” with that commitment and it will manifest itself!
Now that you have all the motivation to make your commitment to yourself and float through the holidays with some goals and a different attitude I want to invite you to take advantage of The Fit and Fabulous Club right now and rock the Bombshell Angel program with all of us! Come Sweat with Me and the rest of the club 🙂
So I wanna know..
- What stops you from working out during the holidays..?
- What are your goals for 2017? I have so many I need to simmer down and really think/strategize!