I love baking. Something about it is so meditative, I literally jump for joy when I know I am going to someone’s home for a gathering because that means I get to whip up something in the kitchen to bring over. During the holiday season we get invited to a lot of house dinner parties and I always felt like I was back at Total Wine stocking up on more wine to bring to people’s homes. A few years ago I decided that I would start making a home baked good to bring over instead. Through the years I have been able to try all of the tasty treats I die to try out but never do because there are only two people in my household and we tend to watch our treat intake even healthy treats add up so if there is an excuse to share the love I crank that oven up and make it happen!
Bob’s Red Mill shared two products with me and I was thrilled to receive this Superfood Protein Powder. You guys know my suspicion with protein powders on the market so when I was offered to try it I went online and read all I could about the ingredients and macronutrients before I took the offer.
Why I love Bob’s Red Mill: Chocolate Protein Powder Nutritional Booster:
- The ingredients are all things I would normally add to my smoothie, chia seeds, cocoa powder, and a probiotic.
- It has probiotics and PREbiotics in it which again is KEY to proper digestion in our bodies. No matter what type of diet you follow probiotics are essential nowadays for proper digestion in our bodies and to make sure the foods we eat have a way to be used.
- It has Chia Seeds which give you Omega 3’s and fiber (12 grams per serving). Fiber keeps you full and getting it from a natural source like chia seeds and vegetables is key for weight loss and appetite control.
- It has less than 2g of sugar from monk fruit which is an all natural sweetener.
- It has 40% iron in 1 serving and is plant based. For my green goddesses, iron is a mineral many of you lack so finding a product that is plant based, the protein comes from peas and contains iron is amazing!
- If you aren’t a chocolate fan they also have Vanilla and CHAI <– YES CHAI protein powder you can learn more about these delicious flavors here.
Chocolate Protein Superfood Ball Recipe
1 large organic egg
1/2 cup Bob’s Red Mill Protein Powder
1/4 cup unsweetened coconut milk
1/4 cup coconut flour
1/4 cup unsweetened flaked coconut
1/4 cup almond flour
1/2 tsp. baking soda
3-5 drops of stevia
Preheat oven to 340 F. Mix together the egg, protein powder, coconut flour, almond flour, baking soda, coconut flakes, stevia drops and nut/coconut milk. Mix together well, add more coconut/nut milk if you need to, I had to add a little bit more to form a dough, just slowly add! Take a spoon and spoon out little round balls. Roll in between your hands and place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper and coconut oil. Place in the oven for 15-20 minutes, make sure to pull them out right away even if they are a bit soft, they will harden! Let them cool down before storing them in a glass container to bring over to someone’s house!
So before you head out to buy another bottle of wine, why not try making something using these ingredients. There are so many protein powder based recipes, just make sure to stock up on nut milks, stevia and coconut flour!
SO I wanna know…
- What are your traditional hostess gifts?
- Do you bake a lot during the holiday season? I do!