Ah..pumpkin pie smoothies..this smoothie is DELICIOUSLY insanely good like YUM! Just editing these photos I want to make one although I just ate dinner..I am pretty simple when it comes to eating, I have a rotation of foods I eat and this works for me but for some, this is boring and not a way to live. Trust me when I say, eating the same round of meals over and over again helps me stay in shape, leaves me brain space to work on other projects and makes my grocery trips a breeze. I do however like to add some new dishes when fall comes around because squashes are available, pumpkin is easily found and I crave a change during the fall.
I have been playing around with my blender because I have been SO busy whipping up a quick smoothie is just easy. I like to push myself super hard and get a lot done before December so I can relax during the holidays. Do you guys do this to? I just watched Alex Beadon, one of my favorite business babes do her Killer Impressions launch and she talked a lot about how she plans her months out and I was SO inspired to really press myself and get shifts done!
See I told you, super delicious creamy and cinnamon!
Now here is the recipe..
Pumpkin Pie Smoothie Recipe
- 4 oz unsweetened coconut milk
- 4 oz kefir or 1/2 scoop vanilla protein powder (check out my favorites here)
- 2 tbsp. canned organic pumpkin
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp. flax oil
- 1 tsp maca powder
- shake of cinnamon
- shake of pumpkin pie spice
- 2 drops stevia
Blend and enjoy! You can add more ice and cinnamon at the end to make it super cold.
Tips for Making Smoothies
I love love love smoothies, they are SO easy to make and the combinations of ingredients are endless. I love how I can be feeling low on energy around the dreaded 4 PM and switch that around with a nutrient packed green smoothie. I have some tips for you as you can easily make a smoothie 500 calories and filled with sugar.
- Stick to 1 fruit, instead of packing the fruit which can load up the sugar content FAST stick to 1 serving of fruit, I love berries for their antioxidant power!
- Use cinnamon, vanilla extract, nutmeg, peppermint and ginger to flavor up your smoothies versus fruit juices. These spices add flavor and additional benefits.
- Add a greens powder or wheatgrass shot. Talk about getting a nutrient packed smoothie, adding a superfood greens powder will really up your nutrients. I love the trader joe’s brand as I shop there so it is easy for me to grab and a steal at only $19.95!
- Use water, unsweetened nut milks, coconut milk, herbal teas, coffee or coconut water for your base. I like to do 1/2 water and 1/2 unsweetened coconut milk.
- Add protein either from kefir, hemp seeds, protein powder, greek yogurt or egg whites. This will help you feel full!
SO I wanna know..
- Are you addicted to pumpkin?
- Do you drink smoothies everyday?