Now that I have my new kitchen I am cooking up a STORM! If you have been watching on snapchat (user ID cvbentleyfit) you know my kitchen literally STORMED..but that would NEVER stop me from cooking!
My post over on The Lovely Girl on 3 Quick and Easy Throw Together Recipes got a lot of feedback so I thought why not share my all time favorite power bowl recipes. The thing I love about power bowls are the ease of throwing them together, the ease of changing a flavor with a pinch or two of an herb or dressing and who doesn’t love eating meals out of a bowl?
Even on a plate I tend to mash all the food together in the center, not sure if it is something that stems from my childhood or if I just love mixing multiple flavors together to experience it all at once…anyone else do this?
3 Protein Packed Power Bowl Recipes
There are a few rules to creating power bowls, you don’t have to stick with these rules but to keep these fresh and easy you need a simple protein (chicken, turkey, bison, drained organic tuna, salmon etc), carbohydrate (quinoa, brown rice, sweet potato, yams etc.), healthy fat (olives, olive oil, coconut oil, avocado etc.) and the commitment to a flavor like greek, mexican, italian etc.
Pretty simple right? I also love the fact I can iron skillet a whole batch of chicken with different spices to throw in to different mixes. I literally use different spices on half the batch to make a different type of flavor meal and do a different flavoring on the other half to get that other look and taste. My husband just recently bought me a set of iron cast pans from William Sonoma (spoiled much?) and I ABSOLUTELY love them! If you have yet to cook in a cast iron, GO BUY ONE!
- 1/4 cup cooked quinoa (I cooked this in chicken broth with garlic and olive oil)
- You could also purchase Garden of Eden Brown Rice/Quinoa Garlic Microwave pack to make things even easier
- 4 pitted black olives
- 100-120 grams already cooked chicken in Heaths Blends Mediterranean Mix
- Or you could buy a rotisserie chicken, peel the skin and take a fork to the breast
- Bunch of parsley
- Cucumber and Green Bell Pepper Chopped Up
- Spoonful of hummus (I bought organic trader joes hummus)
You could separate them like I did for the photo but let’s be honest here, mixed all in one is delicious and WAY better!
Japanese Salmon Bowl
- Salmon (100 grams) I literally baked 4 servings of salmon with 1/2 lemon squeezed on each salmon a rub of Himalayan pink sea salt and a dash of Coconut Amino’s on each salon baked for 15 or so minutes at 350.
- Top it all with Coconut Secret Aminos: Teriyaki Sauce (low glycemic and is an abundant source of 17 amino acids, minerals, vitamin C, broad-spectrum B vitamins, and has a nearly neutral pH)
- 120 grams brown rice (you can easily buy organic microwave packets or make a large batch)
- While salmon was baking I sautéed:
- Sliced carrots (2 medium sized per plate)
- Broccoli (1/2 a bunch per I steamed 2 large bunches to use for the week)
Combine everything and make it easy! Bake enough salmon to last the week and squeeze lemon all over, lemon or lime kills any fishy taste. While all that is baking, prepare your veggies! You can have all of these meals made for 1 week if you plan accordingly.
Bison Meatball Bowl
- 1 can tomato paste
- Green Bell Pepper
- Himalayan sea salt
To make the meat ball: I took 1/2 a package of bison, tomato paste and chopped celery, carrots and bell pepper, sprinkled parsley and Himalayan sea salt. (You can also add pepper but I avoid it as my body becomes inflamed from too much ground pepper.) Heat a skillet with coconut oil and use your hands to make small balls. Place the balls onto the hot skillet and move around until fully cooked. You can place this on top of a bed of rice, zucchini pasta or whatever you think would taste delicious! I need to get a zucchini spiralizer STAT, anyone have any recommendations? Comment below and SHARE!
Include these protein packed power bowl recipes in your meal plan this week or plan to do this all next Sunday! You can instantly save these recipes and plan right now by clicking below to grab my free meal planning download!