You can either look at a year and say to yourself UGH what a crappy year, or you can look at a year and say to yourself WOW did I learn some life changing lessons. I started the year off in competition mode, a huge dent in my forehead, completely losing myself mid-year and ended it with a relaunch of my YouTube Channel, a launch of the Fit and Fabulous Challenge (details below) and have booked a few public speaking gigs in January.
If you asked me last year at this time what my aspirations were I would have told you that I wanted to compete in fitness competitions, be sponsored by a supplement company of some sort and inspire others to lead healthier lifestyles with personal training, group classes and my blog. The last part is still true but the first two, I would never ponder again. My goal in life is to serve at the highest good, to give my knowledge to those in need, be a better friend, speak, write a book and just keep doing as I do.
What changed for me was my way of thinking and I want to share with you exactly what I did mid-year to go from the bottom to the TOP with just FOUR mind switches.
What I Learned in 2015:
- Social Support is Key and my Social Support was on point this year: When you are working towards a goal, having supporters around you not only helps you keep moving on towards whatever goal you set, but this person gives you a shoulder to cry on when times get tough, these friends push you forward when you want to go hide in your room and they can be truth bombs who tell you to get off your lazy butt and get going. Social support is so important and this year I made it a point to include my friends and husband in what I was doing instead of pushing everyone away which is what I tend to do. Having someone ask me how my workout was, sharing my progress with those around me and just having someone to pick me up and dust me off when I fell down kept me in charge of my goals and dreams. If you want to learn more about how to get social support in your life check this post out.
- Go deep with Affirmations and Speak Your Truth. I practiced Affirmations. I have mentioned affirmations in the past and often use this technique with coaching clients who have a tough time making changes. I personally used affirmations to get me through my eating disorder and am a HUGE fan of this method. This past year I noticed they weren’t doing the same magical thing they once did. I realized I was not pushing my affirmations into a direction past fear. I was still stuck in the mind frame of not being good enough to accomplish x, y and z. This year I got a HUGE dent in my forehead from a cortisol shot to rid of a huge zit on my forehead. Unfortunately this led to a VERY large dent in my head, think Harry Potter style and made me lose all my self confidence so much so I stopped booking Public Speaking Appearances, I stopped going to networking events and I just hid under a hat. This is so not like me and if you know me personally you know I am like Miss Outgoing, Loud and Super Crazy Creative. I lost it all because I was letting this awful dent rule me. I finally got over myself and started to look at myself every day in the mirror and say Court, you are gorgeous get over the dent, there is so much more to you then a pretty face, you are beautiful. It took me a few weeks but suddenly I started to feel beautiful again, I saw the beauty in my movement when I danced, I saw the flow of my mind working again and I just started feeling like myself. Only after two weeks I came across a lady who was able to solve my problem which made my dent disappear and with that came a stronger ME!
- Make a plan and stick to it. I had A Plan. I make plans for people all day as a coach can depressant trainer, but never thought to make one for myself. Sure, I always had a program in my head but when I got to the gym I would glance around, get lazy and skip a few exercises I had in mind. I now walk in with a program and follow it even when I want to give up. Having a plan also helped me keep track of my progress. I have added 20 lbs. to my squats, deadlifted what I thought was my max 15 times and have seen solid results in my booty growth this year! I feel more confident in the gym as well and I see this as more of an accomplishment then being able to push the same weight every time. I also never get bored and I keep my program interesting throwing in new exercises every couple of weeks. Having a plan made me finish my workout, it kept me on track with my meal plan and helped me get organized which made me successful.
- Make lists, make goals and GET ORGANIZED. I got Organized. Because I had a plan I was able to organize my day. I am a creative so my mind is on constant overdrive, I am always thinking up new ideas, movement patters and recipe ideas so having an actual plan I could look at and not be on overdrive over helped me accomplish my goals. I learned this year that I need to write everything down, pen and paper, old school style. Trust me I reuse paper like no ones business and I always try to take myself away from the old pen and paper but its what works for me so I am sticking by it! Every week I have a goal, a focus and a mission and let me tell you something I get it DONE because my scatter brain sees it and wants to make it happen! Not only are my meals in line with my goals but I feel so much less stressed and my anxiety has gone ten fold because of it.
Because of all the lessons I learned this year I wanted to put together a program to help others learn these same life changing lessons. I created Fit and Fabulous, a 30 Day Challenge starting January 1st that will take you through a 30 day lifestyle change! I went through and made this program so I could coach 30 girls through a 30 day transformation and wanted to be there every step of the way.
- Do you want to be the one who gets asked what you did to lose weight this year?
- Do you want to get to the park and get your kids chasing you around?
- Do you want a strong support system and a way to reach your goals without schedule conflicts and having to hassle your way to the gym?
Then Fit and Fabulous IS FOR YOU!
The Fit and Fabulous Plan Covers:
- A Workout Plan for 30 days.
- Like I mentioned above having a specific plan helps to complete your workouts, it makes it so you see results because you have an exact plan that works and will work FOR YOU and your goals! The workouts are 30-45 minutes long and will have you building lean muscle mass while dropping fat!
- Affirmations emailed to YOU everyday.
- A daily email series of motivational soul reaching quotes and messages that will remind you to kick your butt into gear every single DAY!
- A 30 day meal plan
- Because again, having a plan makes life that MUCH easier! that is SIMPLE, EASY, TASTY and will get you to your goals. This meal plan includes recipes and a plan to follow!
- A guide that explains everything
- Because the internet is confusing and I wanted to make it easy for you to gather all the information to make this a lifestyle and not just a 30 day challenge! The guide gives explanations of cardio, list of macronutrients, supplements, mind/body worksheets and how to continue on after the 30 days are up.
- Access to a Private Facebook Group
- Having support is key to success with any program. Having a group of girls going through the same exact challenge with you will make it easy to give virtual high fives and get the support you need when you need it! And because we all know we need a little #girlPOWER in the mix.
- Access to ME, this is what really seals the deal.
- Many programs out there do not include access to the person who created it or they leave you with “google it,” or someone from the group answers the question..this is not my program. I will have office hours using Skype if you need a pep talk (welcome back to school), you will get access to me via email if you need to change something in the program to suit you and because no one is at the same level and some of us have allergies!