There comes a time in every girls life where you want to slim down just a bit to look that much more fabulous in your reunion dress, for your wedding, to see your ex, whatever it may be but you want to knick some lbs. before making your appearance. You can go dramatic and take on a diet like paleo, ketogenics or do a straight juice cleanse or you can flip the switch and swap out some dressings, marinades and sauces for alternatives to clean up that chicken and fish.
When I have to diet down for something I take these simple measure to keep me sane and also for the pure fact that I truly love my Stevia and Fiesta Lime Seasoning so much so I use them all year round.
How to Make Healthy Food Taste Good
- Limes: If you have been reading this blog for awhile you know how LIME crazy I am. The benefits of lime juice include Vitamin C, phytochemical that are high in antioxidants, relief for constipation and the bonus of flavoring your food without the chemical add ons and at 0 calories! I am such a LIME-A-HOLIC that I wrote a blog post about the benefits which you can read here.
- Stevia: I have had a relationship with Stevia ever since I learned about artificial sweeteners and what they can possibly do to our bodies. I decided to take another look in the health world and I discovered Stevia. While I may have white stevia time to time I do try and eat the real herb, dried and blended or I will liquify it myself to make it taste better or just enjoy the bitter taste in a tea or in my oatmeal. I wrote a post about my stevia sweetheart awhile back, check it out here.
- Nustevia Chocolate Syrup: Who else is into chocolate? What can I say, I love chocolate, I love the taste and always have ever since I was a wee one. Giving up chocolate can be tough for me but having this syrup makes letting it go for a few weeks that much easier. The syrup is great in coffee, on top of banana ice cream and even better loaded on protein pancakes! Click here to get it!
- Braggs Aminos/Salad Dressings: Braggs salad dressings, aminos and nutritional yeast are the best! I remember my very first taste of Braggs Apple Cider Vinegar back in 2008 and remember instantly falling in love with the cute old couple on the packaging. When I found out there was more to the brand besides ACV I went bananas. When I lived in the states I pretty much lived on BraggBerry Salad Dressing, I put it on EVERYTHING literally! Click here to get your Amino On!
- Salt Free Seasonings: Ms. Dash, Market Pantry (Target Brand), Flavor God: My husband is a bodybuilder so he eats enough food in one day to feed a small village in a week. Because of this I use my slow cooker to help take the load off in the kitchen. I use a variety of salt free seasonings with My favorite being Ms. Dash Spicy Flavor and Fiesta Lime. I have yet to try the Flavor God varieties but look forward to trying them out in the future.
- Matcha Green Tea Powder: Moving to Asia awakened my taste buds in a major way! I never thought to eat cake made of matcha green tea powder or sprinkle a bit on my salad until I moved to Thailand. Matcha Green Tea was the superfood of this year and I know exactly why, it tastes good, gives you a nice stream of energy and its easy to add to your water! I have tried a few but The best tasting one is linked here.
So I wanna know..
- What is your favorite Ms. Dash or other Salt Free Seasonings?
- Are you a stevia fan?
P.S: If you are looking for a support system and a cheerleader I have a 7 Online Coaching Spots Available! Online Coaching is great for someone looking to have a custom workout and nutrition plan to follow, be held accountable to sticking to it daily and be coached through it without the cost or paying someone to count reps for you! I have three programs one being a jumpstart program great for someone needing to jumpstart a healthy lifestyle, a basic 30 day plan and a customized program all available just check out my coaching page for more details!