Since the holidays are around the corner, I thought I would plant some seeds on what to get your friend, yourself (we all should give ourselves a little something) or even your trainer. I have been lifting weights for 5 years now at different levels but this past year I decided I wanted to compete (read about that journey here), so I had to ramp up my regime a bit. In order to do that, I added some fun accessories to the mix to take me to that next level without compromising my wrists, neck and hands.
I created a video so you can see why and how to use each piece, I mention. I personally think some of these items would make great gifts for your fellow fitness friend or even to yourself. I always gift myself something every year, this year I gifted myself with some skincare, more on that later.
4 Things Every Fit Chick Must Own
- Squat Sponge: Squatting does wonders for your booty, your abs and just your overall strength. As you start to progress, you may find the bar weight holding you back from pushing that next weight add on. I was finding the bar heavy on my back being 5’2 and since my gyms pad was a bit scary looking I decided to purchase my own. I love the squat sponge for two reasons, 1. It is PINK 🙂 and 2. it is SO cushiony and I no longer have that uncomfortable feeling when I squat. I have added on an extra 10 kgs. just because I am more comfortable squatting.Squat Sponge 18″long, 3.5″ diameter & 1.5″thick Olympic Barbell Pad in Pink
- Fanny Pack: Long story short, I had my valuables taken out of locker room in high school so ever since that happened I am weary of keeping my things in a locker room. I wear a fanny pack so that I have all my things attached to me and I don’t have to leave a backpack lying around the gym. I also like the fact it doesn’t get in the way of my lifts and it holds so many things its like a treasure chest sometimes! Similar: NIKE HOOD Cordura Fanny Waist Pack (Black)
- Versa Grips Pro: So my grip is not my strong suit and I found my hands giving out before my legs and back so it was time to invest in Versa Grips to get me to that next level. I love my versa grips because they fit my small wrists comfortably and I am able to pull my weight on the lat pull down and almost doubled my deadlift weight within less time because my grip did not give out. When I put my grips on I feel like superwoman! Versa Gripps® PRO Glove Weight Lifting Straps Hooks
- Harbinger Weight Lifting Gloves: If none of this fits your goals, weight lifting gloves will. Our hands can get quite chapped up from holding onto dumbbells and bars but with gloves your hands are protected and your hands will stay nice and soft! My gloves also make me feel more confident in the gym because I am easily able to hold onto the weight with security. Harbinger 149 Women’s Pro Wash & Dry Weight Lifting Gloves (Black/Pink, Medium)
I am off to squat using my cushion but wanted to let you know that I will be Periscoping everyday this week! If you are not on Periscope, download it STAT and add me @CbentleyFit and if you want to see my past scopes go to http://katch.me/cbentleyfit for all my previous scopes!
So I wanna know..
- Do you lift weights?
- Are there any accessories you are loving right now?
P.S: If you are looking for a support system and a cheerleader I have a 4 Online Coaching Spots Available! Online Coaching is great for someone looking to have a custom workout and nutrition plan to follow, be held accountable to sticking to it daily and be coached through it without the cost or paying someone to count reps for you! I have three programs one being a jumpstart program great for someone needing to jumpstart a healthy lifestyle, a basic 30 day plan and a customized program all available just check out my coaching page for more details!
+TOP PHOTO BY: https://instagram.com/superstickyrice/
+This post contains affiliate links to amazon associates, thank you for your support 🙂